We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fox Inn soon…
So we would like to reassure you that your safety and that of our staff is of paramount importance to us.
With that in mind, you’ll see a few changes when you visit us. Following completion of a Covid-19 risk assessment and a deep clean throughout the kitchen, bar and restaurant, we have implemented the following safety measures in line with government guidelines & current legislation:
- A greater distance between tables…at least 1m indoors, 2m in the garden, with seating rearranged so that guests can sit with their back to walkways. Hand sanitiser available on entry as well as at strategic points throughout the bar and restaurant.
- Track and trace…on arrival at the pub, please check in where you will be asked for a contact name and telephone number. This is now a legal requirement and we will not be able to serve you without this information. All data is stored securely and will only be used for the purpose of Track & Trace.
- Bookings…we’re encouraging table reservations to help stagger arrival times, however we know that there’s often nothing better than a spontaneous trip to the pub! So walk-ins will be welcome, as long as there is a table available. You may have to wait a little while at busier times, so please bear with us.
- Smaller groups…Tables must be a maximum of 6 people. Don’t forget to include children and babies in your total number. Please do not join another table if it takes their number over 6.
- Children must be supervised and should remain seated at all times
- Increased seating in the garden and access to food and drink ordering via an online platform. Card payments only outside. Please do not move the garden furniture.
- One way system…entry is via the front door and exit is via the garden door or the bar toilets. Please follow the directional arrows and floor markers.
- Toilets…new locks have been fitted so that our toilets are now 1 in, 1 out. The lock indicates whether the toilet is engaged, please observe the floor markers while queuing. Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance to toilets before entering.
- Increased cleaning…tables and chairs will be fully sanitised between bookings, with touch points routinely cleaned throughout the day (bar, door handles, till, toilets).
- Ventilation…we’ll be opening doors and windows where possible to keep fresh air circulating. Please bring a jumper or something warm even if you plan to sit indoors.
- Payments…wherever possible, please pay with card, however we are still happy to accept cash.
- Covid secure training…completed by all members of staff and accredited by UK Hospitality.
***UPDATE…NEW LEGISLATION from Thursday 24th September***
- Face coverings…all front of house staff will be wearing face coverings. All customers (unless exempt) are required to wear a face covering on entering the pub and while moving to your table. You can remove your face covering while seated but please remember to use it when visiting the toilets or leaving the building.
- Mandatory table service…Once shown to your table, our staff will take all orders from you there. Please remain seated as we are no longer allowed to serve you at the bar. We understand that it can be frustrating when waiting for service and we will do our level best to serve you as quickly as possible.
- Opening hours…we will be closing at 10pm from Thursday 24th September. Last food orders will remain at 8.30pm with last drinks orders at 9.30pm. If you have a later table booked, please be prompt as no exceptions can be for the closing time.
Working to keep everyone safe may mean a slower service than before. We are grateful for your patience and understanding while we all get used to our new normal. It’s important to us that you relax and enjoy your time with us at The Fox Inn. If there is anything we can do to help put you at ease, please feel free to ask for Liz, Chris or Mike and we will be happy to help in any way we can.