We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fox Inn soon…
So we would like to reassure you that your safety and that of our staff is of paramount importance to us.
With that in mind, you’ll see a few changes when you visit us. Following completion of a Covid-19 risk assessment and a deep clean throughout the kitchen, bar and restaurant, we have implemented the following safety measures in line with government guidelines:
- A greater distance between tables…at least 1m indoors, 2m in the garden, with seating rearranged so that guests can sit with their back to walkways. Hand sanitiser available on entry as well as at strategic points throughout the bar, restaurant and garden.
- Bookings…we’re encouraging table reservations to help stagger arrival times, however we know that there’s often nothing better than a spontaneous trip to the pub! So walk-ins will be welcome, as long as there is a table available. You may have to wait a little while at busier times, so please bear with us.
- Bubbles…guests from two households will be able to sit inside or outside. Online bookings can be made for up to 6 people. We can accommodate slightly larger family groups on some tables, but please call us first to check availability. Don’t forget to include children and babies in your total number.
Parties from three households or more must be a maximum of 6 and sit outside.
- Children must be supervised and should remain seated at all times
- Increased seating in the garden and access to food and drink ordering via an online platform. Our garden bar ‘Mr Todd’s Tipples’ will be open on Saturdays and Sundays. Drinks orders can also be placed directly here. Card payments only outside. Please do not move the garden furniture.
- Limited contact with staff…you’ll have one main server who will look after you throughout your time here, from taking your order to delivering your food. Alternatively you can order via our online platform, please ask us for details.
- One way system…entry is via the front door and exit is via the garden door. Please follow the directional arrows and floor markers.
- Toilets…new locks have been fitted so that our toilets are now 1 in, 1 out. The lock indicates whether the toilet is engaged, please observe the floor markers while queuing. Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance to toilets before entering.
- Increased cleaning…tables and chairs will be fully sanitised between bookings, with touch points routinely cleaned throughout the day (bar, door handles, till, toilets).
- Ventilation…we’ll be opening doors and windows where possible to keep fresh air circulating. Please bring a jumper or something warm even if you plan to sit indoors.
- Payments…wherever possible, please pay with card, however we are still happy to accept cash.
- Covid secure training…completed by all members of staff and accredited by UK Hospitality.
Working to keep everyone safe may mean a slower service than before. We are grateful for your patience and understanding while we all get used to our new normal. It’s important to us that you relax and enjoy your time with us at The Fox Inn. If there is anything we can do to help put you at ease, please feel free to ask for Liz, Chris or Mike and we will be happy to help in any way we can.